From the Organic Consumers Association:
We have a chance to win our right to know about GMOs in our food in Washington State, but we must act fast!
SB 6298 is scheduled for public hearing in the Senate Committee on Agriculture and Water & Rural Economic Development at 10:00 AM on Thursday, January 26, 2012.
HB 2637 is scheduled for public hearing in the House Committee on Agriculture & Natural Resources at 8:00 AM on Friday, January 27, 2012.
We need you to get these bills passed! Here’s what you can do:
1. Write your state reps to ask them to cosponsor the bills.
2. Write your state senators to ask them to cosponsor SB 6298.
3. Call your state reps to ask them to cosponsor HB 2637.
4. Call your state senators to ask them to cosponsor SB 6298.
5. Come to the hearings in Olympia! RSVP for a bus ride from Seattle to Olympia Thursday. RSVP for a bus ride from Seattle to Olympia Friday.
6. Donate to the Organic Consumers Fund so we can reimburse the travel costs of supporters who couldn’t otherwise attend the hearings.
7. Donate to Tilth Producers so we can keep letting you know about key advocacy opportunities! (Write “policy” in the “purpose” field.)
Learn more and get involved at GMOFreeWashington.com.