Cloud Mountain Farm Center seeks a Post-Harvest Coordinator --Everson. WA
Posted on: 03/29/2017 11:51 am
Cloud Mountain Farm Center, located in Everson, WA, seeks a seasonal Post-Harvest Coordinator who will primarily focus on coordinating the post-harvest activities associated with CMFC’s food production, which consists of 6 acres of certified organic vegetables, 2. 5 acres of tree fruit, and 2.5 acres of grapes. CMFC sells produce throughout the Puget Sound Region, interfacing with wholesale and retail customers on the Puget Sound Food Hub, local fresh sheets, and at the Bellingham Farmers Market. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, well organized, and solution-oriented, with a positive can-do attitude.
Primary Responsibilities: To coordinate efficient post-harvest activities for weekly produce orders.
- Coordinate the washing and packing of fresh produce
- Maintain quality control standards for fresh produce, including GAP protocols and organic standards
- Support Marketing Director with produce orders and customer service
- Update weekly produce on Puget Sound Food Hub web interface
- Coordinate cold and dry storage organization and inventory
- Maintain inventory for on-farm store
- Deliver weekly produce to Whatcom accounts
- Additional field labor, such as weeding, planting, and harvesting may also be part of the weekly activities
- Previous farm experience, particularly with harvest and post-harvest activities
- Ability to regularly lift 30lbs and comfortably bend and crouch for extended periods of time
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, in person and over the phone
- Basic computer skills, including updating web-based inventory
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities; be entrepreneurial, flexible, and a team player
- Experience with Organic Certification standards and GAP protocols
- Experience working in an educational environment
Work Environment: Fast-paced working farm and retail nursery amidst educational programming. This position reports to the Food Production Manager.
Hours and Compensation: This is a temporary, full-time position: 32-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, May – November. Pay is hourly @ $15 per hour.
How to Apply: Please email a resume and explanation of interest to: email@example.com.