Delivery Driver, Seasonal May – November ($14-16)--Oxbow Farm, Carnation WA
Posted on: 03/16/2017 2:31 pm
Our mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations.
WHAT WE DO
The Center is located on 230 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River. We use this mixed landscape to:
Produce food. We cultivate 30 acres of mixed vegetable crops using agro-ecological principles and engage in research to inform conservation farming practice.
Grow native plants. We operate a native plant nursery that produces plants for habitat restoration projects, educational gardens, and urban landscapes, and conducts research on native plant propagation using sustainable growing methods.
Connect children to nature. We offer environmental education programs for children pre-K thru high school to build their comfort in the outdoors and provide them with opportunities to learn about the links between agriculture, conservation, and the environment.
Restore and sustain habitat. We carry out conservation projects and research to learn how humans can use land to our benefit while protecting biodiversity.
We are looking for one responsible person to deliver fresh produce and products efficiently and accurately to our customers. You will be responsible for checking all orders, loading the delivery box-truck or van, and delivering products to customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner while working as part of a team. Additionally you will support the farm by performing other processing, packing and, potentially, field duties. You will represent our organization in a professional and cost effective manner, with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction and profitability.
This is a seasonal part-time position May through November with a somewhat fluctuating schedule. Generally you will work 30 hours a week in a three day period of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Both May and November are lighter delivery months and the working hours will be 10 to 20 hours/wk. These are forecasted hours and may shift slightly to meet the demands of the season and production schedule.
- Navigating Seattle and the eastside, observing all traffic laws and driving safely
- Learning delivery routes and providing feedback on route improvements
- Packing delivery truck safely and efficiently, and ensuring box count accuracy while loading
- Delivering produce to restaurants, stores and CSA pickup locations
- Collecting empty boxes along delivery route, and upon return to the farm, sorting them and returning them to their proper storage location.
- Picking up of supplies along the route when applicable
- Communicate with the Farm Sales Coordinator while out on delivery to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Washing and packing produce, if needed
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to drive extended cargo vans and a 14’ box truck
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform calmly under deadline
- Punctual time management skills
- Previous delivery driver experience a plus
- Packing experience preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 60 plus pounds on a regular basis
- Consistent attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Willingness to work in inclement conditions
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction, ask for help/clarity when necessary, and accept constructive feedback on performance and technique
- Adaptability between working in team setting and working independently
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism gracefully
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional.
Oxbow Farm is part of a larger non-profit organization. A commitment to Oxbow’s overall mission and working as part of a team is critical.
This is a seasonal, full-time position, paying $14-16 per hour, DOE, with access to food from the fields.
REPORTS TO: Oxbow’s Farm Sales Coordinator
Please read carefully, incomplete applications will not be considered. Email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to:
Finance & Operations Manager
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Please write Delivery Driver in the email subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, April 9, 2017.