Farm Crew – Cascadian Farm Home Farm ($13-14/hr)--Rockport, WA
Cascadian Farm | | email@example.com
Posted on: 03/27/2019 3:35 pm
Cascadian Farm® is one of the country’s leading brands of organic foods. The story of Cascadian Farm begins over 45 years ago on a little stretch of land next to the Skagit River in the Cascade Mountains of Washington. Acquired by General Mills in 2000, Cascadian Farm sells cereals, bars, frozen fruits and vegetables, spreads, and juices.
The heart of our brand, our certified-organic Home Farm, grows blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, sweet corn, and pumpkins. The Home Farm operates a Roadside Stand which sells farm grown produce, organic ice cream, espresso, and other snacks. The farm’s mission is to advance organic and regenerative farming systems through demonstrating, educating, and advocating for a food and farming system that protects and conserves natural resources and encourages healthy communities.
Members of the field crew work primarily outdoors in a team environment to grow and harvest delicious, high quality, organic produce and maintain a beautiful and well-maintained property. The ideal candidate for this job loves working outdoors, enjoys hard work and physical exertion, has a passion for food and agriculture, has a positive attitude, is a team player, and is willing and eager to learn new things.
- Reports to Farm Manager
- Location: Rockport, WA
- Travel: none
- Weekend and holiday hours required
Major Job Responsibilities
Daily Farm Operations (85%)
- Grow and maintain strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and mixed vegetables. Individual tasks include:
- Seeding plants in the hoop house
- Transplanting crops into the field
- Hand weeding
- Hand harvest, sorting, and quality control
- Pruning cane berries
- Harvest and process strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and mixed vegetables. Individual tasks include:
- Hand harvest berries and mixed vegetables
- Ensure quality control during harvest and sorting
- Washing, sorting, freezing, and packing berries
- Adherence to food safety and general safety policies and practices
- Understand, follow, and document food safety procedures working in fields and harvesting, handling, transporting produce and processing
- Follow general safety practices throughout the workday
Landscape and Infrastructure Maintenance (15%)
- Maintain a beautiful and well-maintained property:
- Irrigation installation and maintenance
- Landscape maintenance
- Cleaning and organization
- Fencing and small farm projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food and agriculture
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, bend, kneel, and stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 40 lbs.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and adapt to changing job requirements.
- General Safety and Food safety mindset
- Highly motivated self-starter and dependable team player
- Strong problem solving, organization, detail oriented, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Delivers outstanding results
- Competitive hourly wage
- Paid overtime
- Seasonal job with Part Time hours April – May and Full Time hours June – November
- Season end bonus dependent on farm performance
- Free U-pick produce for employees
Apply online at: https://careers.generalmills.com/job/9242504/cascadian-farm-home-farm-field-crew-team-member-rockport-wa/