Farm Sales and Program Coordinator --Carnation, WA
Posted on: 07/29/2019 5:49 pm
Our mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations.
The Farm Sales and Program Coordinator supports all aspects of Oxbow’s farm operations with a primary focus on customer relations, sales, and deliveries. The position plays a role in Oxbow’s public engagement efforts by supporting, coordinating, and participating in aspects of Oxbow on-farm events, CSA pick-up, farmers markets, and hunger relief initiatives. This position involves occasional weekend and evening work.
Wholesale Product Sales
- Develop a plan for and reach all sales goals outlined in the seasonal sales strategy
- Cultivate appropriate new customers and sales relationships with restaurants, grocery stores, and institutions
- Perform weekly field walks to develop up to date fresh sheets of product availability
- Coordinate all weekly sales to partners, including sales calls and order confirmation, accurate PO development for invoice generation, and sales information dissemination through the use of Harvest and Pack Boards
- Oversee order QC process and delivery logistics of all sold product to customers
- Manage sales of Oxbow produce through partner sales organizations and cooperatives
Market Style CSA Program
- In collaboration with Oxbow colleagues, develop and implement CSA marketing plan to reach CSA shareholder goals
- In collaboration with Oxbow colleagues, ensure communications with CSA shareholders including regular outreach through email, newsletter sends, videos and photos, etc.
- Retain up-to-date records of shareholder account standings
- Oversee CSA pickups: assist with U-picking, CSA Share pickup, and set-up/tear down
- Organize special events and partner product availability for CSA Shareholders
Retail Farm Sales
- Ensure markets are stocked with accurate product inventory through generating farm stand and Farmers Market Pick Sheets
- Manage Square Point-of-Sales (POS) system and make sure software and hardware are updated and working
- Oversee sales ensuring accurate cash handling and reporting, positive customer relations, and aesthetic produce displays
- Train and provide support to all farm retail staff including Farmers Market and Farm Stand staff
- Ensure vehicles, produce, and display materials are organized and ready all retail sales opportunities and outreach events
Hunger Relief Initiatives
- Act as Oxbow’s hunger relief point-person for external partners and Oxbow staff
- Support Oxbow’s gleaning program through coordination of 2 weekly gleans and occasional weekend events
- Coordinate Oxbow’s Farm to Foodbank purchases
- In collaboration with Oxbow colleagues, develop programming and promote sponsored Oxbow CSA shares to low income families
Other Farm Duties
- Monitor U-pick crops and coordinate and/or create signage that communicates availability and access
- Assist with washing and packing of produce orders
- Participate in other farm projects as assigned
- Deliver Oxbow Produce
- Ensure Farm objectives, strategies and messages are aligned with and supportive of Oxbow’s mission and strategic plan
- Work cross-functionally with program teams to ensure efficient and effective communication and operations
- Represent Oxbow in a positive, professional manner, engaging with and educating visitors about Oxbow’s mission and programs
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Farm Manager
- Experience in farm sales both wholesale and retail
- A background in organic vegetable production
- Excellent customer service
- Physical dexterity and agility necessary in all aspects of the job for safety and efficiency
- Consistent attention to detail
- Able to lift heavy & awkward objects, up to 50 lbs.
- Work well independently and in a team setting
- Ability to take direction, ask for help/clarity, and accept constructive feedback on work and technique
- Ability to give direction and act in a lead role when necessary
- Clear, consistent communication
- Experience using Sales POS platforms and Excel Software
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Flexible, creative, and able to perform well in diverse conditions and under pressure
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional.
The Oxbow Farm program is part of a larger non-profit organization. A commitment to Oxbow’s overall mission and working as part of a team is critical.
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a regular, full-time position, paying $16-$18 per hour, with competitive benefits including: 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, generous holiday, vacation and sick pay, and access to food from the fields.
REPORTS TO: Farm and Garden Manager
Please note, incomplete applications will not be considered. Email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to:
Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Please write Farm Sales and Program Coordinator in the email subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Position is open until filled, applications received by Sunday, August 04, 2019 will have first consideration. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after August 04, 2019 until all positions are filled.
To see this job posting, and our other open jobs, on our website, click here.