Job: Field Supervisor at Willie Green’s Organic Farm
Posted on: 04/09/2018 4:52 pm
Position Type: Full-time, permanent-seasonal farm
Experience: Farm experience required, Baby Green’s growing experience a plus
Language: English required, Spanish a plus
Start Date: Full-time May 1st
Compensation: $20 / per hour to start
Location: Skagit Valley
Other Skills: Supervisory experience a plus, Farm machinery experience required, heavy lifting required
Schedule: 50 + hours / per week
We have been farming organically for over 30 years. This is an excellent, long-term opportunity to join a great core group. We have several large, wholesale accounts that we grow for.
We are looking for a professional, focused, hard-working field supervisor who understands farm life and seasons and can help keep the systems lean, simple and effective. We need a team player that can work directly with the crew and see the big picture in order to help create a successful season in our new field locations in the Skagit Valley.
- Oversee entire Baby Green’s organic farming operation from ground prep to processing / packing.
- Prepare ground using various implements including spreading fertilizer, bed formation and stale bed maintenance.
- Harvesting with an Ortomec harvester.
- Coordinate irrigation with crew.
- Spraying of green’s with either fertilizer or organic pesticides.
- Coordinate and supervise weeding of crops.
- Maintain daily logs in accordance with GAP regulations.
- Be involved with the processing crew. Understand the workings of an SQF facility.
- Supervise cleaning of equipment when needed; including, but not limited to: salad harvester, harvest totes, spray equipment, tractors and implements.
If interested please e-mail us with your resume including references at email@example.com.