Maintenance Specialist Needed
Posted on: 09/28/2020 4:49 pm
Full Time: 15- 40 hours/ week (full time preferred, open to working out a part time schedule, if desired)
Permanent Position: Beginning immediately, 2+ years desired
Schedule: Work days are generally Monday through Friday.
Compensation: $13.50-17.00 per hour, depending on experience plus unlimited organic produce.
We are looking for a motivated, problem solving-oriented individual to maintain and repair equipment and facilities, trouble-shoot problems, and operate equipment. You will work independently to keep our vehicles and equipment in top shape, and with the tractor team to implement the farm’s production plans in the field.
- Perform routine vehicle, equipment and facilities maintenance
- Act as a handy-person around the farm; repairing, improving and building things as needed
- Utilize innovation and creativity to improve farm equipment and systems
- Perform field tractor work using a variety of equipment and implements
- Communicate with farm owner and production manager daily
- Perform manual labor around the farm, particularly if full time
Background and Skills:
- Mechanical experience- ability to problem-solve and think creatively, using resources on-hand and common sense
- Knowledge and skill in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, general handy-person repair, welding and fabrication
- Ability to work independently primarily, while also being part of a team
- Must be extremely responsible, self-motivated and capable of handling complex instructions
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be capable of handling physically demanding work
- Flexibility to adapt to changing schedules and situations
- Good communication skills
To Apply: Complete the Maintenance Specialist Application for Employment at reddogfarm.net/staff. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or firstname.lastname@example.org