Produce Clerk Opening in Beautiful Sequim, WA
Posted on: 03/21/2018 2:06 pm
Nash’s Organic Produce seeks a Produce Clerk
Hours: 40 hrs/week, including nights and weekends.
Job Summary: Assists with ordering, receiving, stocking and display of produce and related product; maintains department cleanliness; provides customer service and backs up Cashiers at register as needed. Position has potential to evolve into Produce Department Lead promotion within 2 months of Clerk training.
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy
- Builds, stocks, rotates, faces, and culls products
- Merchandises attractively and purposefully
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date inventory Ensures proper care of back stock items
- Maintains proper signage to reflect set prices, specials, sales, etc.
- Records and disposes of shrink according to department procedure
- Cleans and maintains back stock areas, loading docks, and produce department area
- Participates in cleanliness and organization of packing shed area
- Safely operates farm vehicles and equipment
- Assists with training other staff members
- Continuously expands knowledge of produce and provides information to customers regarding use and preparation
- Continually develops knowledge of farm wide operations and history of Nash’s Organic Produce
- Provides customer service and assists other departments, including Cashiers
- Participates actively in department and all-staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills: Able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly and safely. Has the ability to read and interpret documents such as department handbook, communication logs, etc. Can use basic math to accurately calculate prices and invoices as needed, and can operate computerized cash register system as trained. Can prioritize work tasks, multi-task, maintain focus and work with minimal supervision. Ability to attractively and efficiently build and maintain appealing product displays is a must. Effective communication with customers and co-workers is required, as is willingness to adhere to variable schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Candidates who are looking for long-term employment and can commit to 18-24 months in the position will be given preference.
Desired Skills: Prior produce department and customer service experience. Previous experience or in or knowledge of sustainable food systems/farming/whole foods retailing.
Physical Demands: Frequent standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, lifting and twisting. This job requires the ability to perform duties in a wide range of weather temperature conditions. Frequent repetitive hand/wrist movements (trimming/culling)as well as manual dexterity to safely use knives and other equipment.
Compensation: Produce Clerk position starts at $10.50, DOE. Department Lead promotion would include raise. Employee compensation also includes farm lunches, free farm food, and Farm Store Employee Discount.
Interested applicants should submit:
- Cover Letter
- Application (available on-line at www.nashsorganicproduce.com)
Applicants will be considered until the position is filled. Applications should be submitted at the Farm Store, or sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Nash’s Organic Produce 4681 Sequim-Dungeness Way Sequim, WA 98382
Contact Farm Store Manager Kia Armstrong or Assistant Manager Kate Sheffield at (360) 683- 3950 for more information.