Produce Manager Opening in Beautiful Sequim, WA
Posted on: 03/21/2018 2:09 pm
Nash’s Farm Store seeks a Produce Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week. Must be available nights and weekends.
Job Summary: Responsible for assuring smooth and efficient operation of the Produce Department, and for attaining positive operating results. Provides a safe, attractive and efficient department, which includes well-trained employees who provide excellent customer service.
- Manages department effectively
- Hires, trains and supervises employees
- Provides excellent customer service
- Keeps accurate records
- Oversees buying and inventory management
- Creates and monitors budgets
- Cultivates farmer relationships to source best quality/priced produce
- Oversees pricing and promotions
- Updates POS system
- Operates cash register, as needed
- Sets the bar for beautiful, effective product displays
- Maintains department equipment, infrastructure, safety and sanitation
- Can fully perform Produce Clerk responsibilities and work floor shifts
- Has extensive knowledge of Farm, Store and its products
- Prior produce handling experience, either in retail or on farm. Previous experience or high interest in sustainable food systems/farming/whole foods retailing preferred.
- Experience working independently and also effectively training & motivating a small team
- Ability to accommodate variable schedules, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate and handle multiple tasks and projects, with minimal supervision, to meet deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail and accurate records maintenance
- Strong computer skills, and/or POS or cash register experience
- Ability to maintain proprietary, financial and sensitive information in confidential manner
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage inventory and set up appealing product displays.
- Ability to safely and repeatedly lift 50+ lbs and work in all weather conditions, and also to safety lift, bend, squat, climb, reach, twist and use sharp tools, including knives and other equipment.
- Valid driver’s license
Compensation: Position starts at $14/hr, depending on experience. Employee discounts and benefits include:
- 15% Farm Store discount, discounted employee prices on farm-raised pork and eggs (if available)
- Staff soup every Tuesday, and all-staff Farm Lunch on the last Friday of the month
- Ability to harvest and glean free veggies from most farm fields
- Access to free “farmers market return” items
- One week paid vacation after one year of employment.
Applicants who can commit to a long term employment contract of at least 24 months and who are available for an in-person interview should submit a cover letter, application and resume to one of following:
- Email: Store Manager Kia Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Nash’s Farm Store, 4681 Sequim-Dungeness Way, Sequim, WA 98382
- In person: Nash’s Farm Store, above address
Questions can be directed to Kia Armstrong, (360) 683-3950. Applications are available at nashsorganicproduce.com/employment.html