Wobbly Cart Farm is hiring Pack Shed Manager
Posted on: 04/27/2017 1:25 pm
Founded in 2005 by farm owner/operators Joseph Gabiou and Asha McElfresh, Wobbly Cart Farm currently farms 10 acres in Rochester, WA to serve our CSA, wholesale and farmers market customers. Our farm crew consists of 10 full-time summer season employees with limited work continuing year round.
The Pack Shed Manager is the glue between field production and our outlets of distribution. This position coordinates the washing, packing, quality control, and storage of produce for wholesale accounts, farmers market, and our 150 – member CSA.
The Pack Shed Manager is expected to take a leadership role in creating systems to maximize efficiency, safety and quality of the packing shed.
- Work independently to oversee all pack shed activities
- Occasionally manage field crew to help wash and sort produce
- Compile order lists and write invoices for wholesale orders
- Wash, pack, weigh, count and label wholesale orders
- Familiarity with spreadsheets/good math and computer skills. Smart phone required
- Maintain awareness of overall crop production and timing as they relate to managing produce inventory to balance wholesale, market and CSA.
- Manage quality control and grading for all produce. Communicate feedback concerns to field crew as needed
- Manage and maintain packaging supplies inventory
- Clean and organize cooler, packing shed and washing equipment
- Communicate with chef and grocery customers in regards to orders
- Coordinate daily with Field Manager, field crew, delivery drivers, and farm owners in regards to harvest lists and necessary daily tasks
- Assist in organizing and packing CSA shares
- Fill in as needed in delivery and field work
- Interact with customers for occasional on farm sales
-1-2 years production vegetable farm experience
-Strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and positive attitude
-Ability to lift up to 50 lb repeatedly
-Ability to work independently, problem solve, be very self-motivated, and be detail oriented
-Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
-2 year commitment
-Prior pack shed or order fulfillment experience
Compensation: $13 – $15/hr DOE. We also offer produce to our employees. The Pack Shed Manager can expect to work approximately 10 – 20 hrs/wk in the winter, 30-40 hrs/wk in the spring, and 40+ hrs/wk in the peak of the growing season. Start times vary, expect days beginning at 6 am and/or putting in 10+ hour days in the height of the season.
To apply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org