Direct Sales Lead needed
Posted on: 10/19/2017 11:41 am
Red Dog Farm is a 23-acre organic farm with 17 acres in vegetable and berry production. Located on the Olympic Peninsula, we are nestled in the beautiful Center Valley of Chimacum, Washington. We produce crops year-round and sell to two local farmers markets, to local restaurants and wholesalers, through our CSA program, and at our own self-serve farm stand.
Red Dog Farm has been operating for ten years and is owned by Karyn Williams. Our farm crew consists of nine full time, full-season employees, as well as additional peak season employees and volunteers.
Red Dog Farm is a production farm with a strong focus on efficiency, crop diversity, and customer satisfaction. We spend the vast majority of our time harvesting, washing and packing. We utilize tractors for the majority of our weeding and field preparation.
Red Dog Farm is hiring a new direct sales lead to help us provide better service to our customers. The role of the direct sales lead is to manage the direct sales outlets, including two local farmers markets, farm stand, and plant starts distribution to four retail accounts. Additionally this position will perform deliveries to local accounts. This is an excellent position for someone who has spent time working on vegetable farms, has a high attention to detail, and wants more responsibility and a specialized role.
Compensation: Hourly wage DOE, as well as veggies from our fields.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Run Saturday and Sunday farmers markets, Manage Plant Starts and Farm Stand – managing product, staff and sales.
- Start date for this position is March 1st
- Hours are 40- 50 per week.
- The weekly schedule is Friday through Tuesday, weekends availability is non-negotiable.
- Experience with farmers markets with ability to operate high volume booths
- Experience with plant sales and/or nursery work
- Experience with retail produce handling and display
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- At least one year previous experience working in diversified organic agriculture
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to do mental math, without use of a calculator
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Good record keeping skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize tasks, prioritize activities, and meet outcomes independently
- Patience and ability to work well with diverse people under stressful conditions
- Flexibility and willingness to address unforeseen events and work needs
- Ability to work effectively on physically demanding jobs for extended periods
- Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
Applications will be accepted beginning November 1st, until positions are filled.
To apply, fill out Application for Employment on our website (www.reddogfarm.net/staff) and submit by email or mail.
Red Dog Farm
P.O. Box 402
Chimacum, WA 98325
Kids Okay: No.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: Yes.