Field Crew / Farmers Market Helper
Posted on: 11/02/2021 1:57 pm
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Seasonal: April- December
Schedule: Tuesday- Saturday
Red Dog Farm in Chimacum, WA is looking for a smart, tough and detail-oriented laborer to join our 2022 farm crew. The ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge. Since this position includes being a one day a week farmer market helper, this position requires strong customer service skills, basic mental mathematical skills, and the ability to work a long market day.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
• The primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
• Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
• Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
• Assist at Saturday farmers markets every week April- December
Background and Skills
• One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to do simple addition without a calculator
• Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
• Good communication skills
• Energetic, fun and motivated personality
• Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
• Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
• Strong back and knees
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
• Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Compensation: $14.49 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked). Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
To apply, complete the Field Crew & Farmers Market Helper Application for Employment on our website at reddogfarm.net/staff. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids Okay: No.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: No.