Field Crew Needed for 2018
Posted on: 02/06/2018 11:38 amDates: April 3, 2018 through December 19, 2018 (dates are flexible)
There are several openings for full time field crew positions for the 2018 season. Ideal field crew applicants are smart, strong, detail-oriented, possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and are ready for a new challenge. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Compensation: $11.50 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields.
- Begin April- July
- End October- December
- Winter work can be negotiated in the fall
- Hours are 40- 45 per week
- Ideal applicants seek employment for several years, with an interest in growing in experience and responsibilities with the farm
Essential Job Functions
- The primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
- Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
- Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
- Assist at weekend farmers markets, up to 2 shifts per month
- Perform some or most of the following non-field work: greenhouse work, plant starts, delivering, tractor driving and farm stand stocking
- One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Good communication skills
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Fill out Application for Employment and submit along with your resume by email or mail.
MAIL: Red Dog Farm
Chimacum, WA 98325
Number of interns needed: 3
Kids Okay: No.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: Yes.
Experience Required: Not Necessary.
Work Hours: Full Time.