Full Time Paid Farmer and Interns!
Posted on: 05/22/2018 3:09 pmDates: May 22, 2018 through November 1, 2018 (dates are flexible)
Full-Time Farmer and Interns
Ecolibrium is looking for a full-time farmer to work seasonally Now-Nov(dates are flexible). We request that applicants have some farming experience, are excited to learn and grow rapidly, and are looking to join a tight-knit family of humans who are extremely passionate about transforming our food system with local, regenerative agriculture, and authentic community partnerships.
We are also looking for full and part-time Farm interns who are eager to learn more about ecological agriculture, small organic farming, farmer’s markets and CSA’s.
Our 8 acre farm is certified organic and produces more than 60 distinct crops. Our Land Ethic and Farm Director, Alex Meizlish, lead us in utilizing emerging best practices and on-the-farm experimentation to grow food in an ecologically sound manner. We constantly strive to reduce our footprint, build closed loop cycles, and practice holistic land management. Our field thrives with beneficial plants and insects, we celebrate biodiversity, and we cultivate the unusual and delicious.
- Are able to work outside, in the elements, at farm pace
- Have experience working on an organic farm
- Are familiar with greenhouse, hoophouse and other season extension practices
- Have read The Market Gardener by JM Fortier
- Are familiar with Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) standards
Typical Tasks & Activities
- Field and greenhouse maintenance including:
- Bed/soil preparation and planting
- Seeding, up-potting, and transplanting
- Trellising, pruning, and weeding
- Harvesting, washing, and packing
- Operating tractors, implements, and other farm related machinery as needed
- Set-up, maintenance, and repair of irrigation system
- General organizational projects
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to mention any applicable skills or experience. So excited to meet and work with you!
Number of interns needed: 4
Couples Okay: Yes.
Kids Okay: No.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: No.
Experience Required: Preferred.
Work Hours: Negotiable.
Learning Opportunities: On The Job.