Nanny & Field Crew
Posted on: 10/28/2019 11:44 amDates: 4/1/20 through December 18, 2020 (dates are flexible)
Full Time: 40- 45 hours per week
Seasonal: April/May/June through Oct/Nov/Dec
Schedule: Monday- Friday
This is a split position, with approximately 20 hours per week of childcare and 20 hours per week on field crew. Nanny work involves all aspects of caring for and entertaining a toddler (will be one year old in May). This may include preparing simple meals, driving to activities, as well as mostly hanging out around the farm and in the farmhouse. May also include some light cleaning and errands-running.
For the field crew portion- we are looking for smart, tough and detail-oriented laborers to join our 2020 farm crew. Ideal candidates will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
- Field crew primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
- Utilize and update paperwork to record farm tasks completed
- Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
Background and Skills: Nanny
- Prior childcare experience
- Love of children
- Ability to provide a safe, fun, educational and comforting environment
Background and Skills: Field Crew
- One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Good communication skills
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Compensation: $13.50 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked.) Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
To Apply: Complete the Field Crew Application for Employment. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify you are applying for Nanny position.
Number of interns needed: 1
Kids Okay: No.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: Yes.
Experience Required: Helpful.
Specific skills or knowledge required: Childcare
Work Hours: Full Time.