Now Hiring 2020 Field Crew!
Posted on: 10/28/2019 11:41 amDates: April 1, 2020 through December 18, 2020 (dates are flexible)
Full Time: 40- 45 hours per week
Seasonal: April/May/June through Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec
Schedule: Monday- Friday, some Saturdays, includes 2-day weekends
We are looking for smart, tough and detail-oriented laborers to join our 2020 farm crew. There are several positions open, with a range of start and end dates. Ideal candidates will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
- The primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
- Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
- Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
- Assist at weekend farmers markets, up to two shifts per month
- Perform some or most of the following non-field work: greenhouse work, plant starts, delivering, tractor driving and farm stand stocking
Background and Skills
- One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Good communication skills
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Compensation: $13.50 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked.) Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
To Apply: Complete the Field Crew Application for Employment. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or email@example.com.
Number of interns needed: 4
Kids Okay: No.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: Yes.
Experience Required: Helpful.
Work Hours: Full Time.