Filaree Garlic Farm – Office Manager Position
Posted on: 03/10/2015 10:40 amDates: April 15, 2015 (dates are flexible)
Filaree Garlic Farm – Office Manager
Full-time position M-F 8-4:30p, year round
Salary: $26,500-$32,000 Depending on experience. 2 week vacation Holiday season, 1 week vacation determined by employee, 4 Fridays off. Employer health insurance plan available.
Application Deadline: ASAP, but accepted until position is filled.
Start Date: April 15, but moderately flexible.
ABOUT THE FARM: Filaree Garlic Farm has been a family owned, organic seed company and growers of premium quality garlic seed for 25 years. As keepers of the largest privately held collection of garlic in North America, our mission is to preserve and provide others with the opportunity to grow our more than 100 varieties of garlic- collected from throughout the world. In recent years we have added several new seed products including shallot sets, seed potatoes and sweet potato plants. We sell to backyard gardeners, plant nurseries, and small-scale commercial growers. We ship to our 15,000 customers in every state of the U.S. www.filareefarm.com. Our farm is located outside of sunny Omak, WA. We are close to two small towns and the Okanogan Valley offers many recreational activities for swimming, hiking, skiing etc. Small, newly renovated picker cabin may be available.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Filaree is seeking a highly detail oriented person for the position of office manager to work in our busy on-farm office. Daily responsibilities will include taking and processing orders over the phone, internet, and email; answering customer questions and providing information on all aspects of gardening. Management of all aspects of running the office from reconciling to filing to maintaining website inventory to developing effective administrative systems. Filaree is known for friendly, knowledgeable and helpful customer service.
• Manage incoming phone calls and email correspondence on a daily basis, in a friendly and knowledgeable manner
• Sales and order processing
• Maintain and update website inventory
• Develop and maintain efficient administrative and reporting systems
• Communicate with owner and bring issues to his attention
• Communicate and work with warehouse manager and prepare materials to help shipping season run smoothly
• Ensure the proper maintenance of files, including employee, grower, vendor, and other related revenue files
• Reconcile monthly credit card statements and receipts
• Maintain supplies and equipment purchasing for the office
• Performs other job-related duties, as assigned
• Excellent attention to detail
• Customer service experience
• Experience with Quickbooks
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong interest in sustainable agriculture and food, and basic knowledge about gardening
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve in areas of accounts receivable/payable, and to address issues and questions that may arise
• Able to manage large volumes of data entry, with speed and accuracy
• Organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated and able to work well independently
• Able to multitask
• Able to prioritize tasks on a daily basis
• Able to think critically and analyze best courses of action for various situations
• Able to develop and document systems of best practices for workflow
• Proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel.
• Speed and accuracy on computers: use of keyboard shortcuts, basic computer troubleshooting ability, independent problem solving ability when issues arise
Please send a cover letter, resume, references, and contact information to email@example.com
Number of interns needed: 1
Couples Okay: Yes.
Kids Okay: Yes.
Pets Okay: Yes.
Car Required: No.
Experience Required: Preferred.
Specific skills or knowledge required: Yes, see above
Work Hours: Full Time.
Learning Opportunities: Self Determined.
Meals: Separate Cooking.