John Reganold joins Tilth Producers on November 14 as the 2015 Annual Conference keynote speaker to share his 30-plus years of innovative research and teaching on sustainable farming systems into the mainstream of higher education and food production.
Tilth Producers 2014 Farmer of the Year, Ray de Vries of Ralph’s Greenhouse (shown here with wife and co-winner Becky de Vries), will give the conference capnote speech on November 15.
Ray never planned to be a farmer, yet now Ralph’s Greenhouse is a cornerstone of the Skagit Valley farming community. Taking over from his dad in 1988, Ray has expanded the farm into growing kale, chard, collards, beets, carrots, fennel, parsnips, spinach, fingerling potatoes, and of course, lots of leeks. As a multi-generational farm, Ray abides by the philosophy that it is important to take care of the land today so that it will continue to support organic farming for future generations.
Previous Keynote Speakers
- Year | Keynote Speaker
- 2014 | Raj Patel Generation Food: Breaking Rules to Nourish the World
- 2013 | David Mas Masumoto & Nikiko Masumoto Nourishing the Future: Cultivating Our Farming Legacy
- 2012 | Allan Savory Small Farmers Leading the World through New Approaches to Agriculture
- 2011 | Miguel Altieri Agroecology: Designing a New Agriculture for a Changing Planet
- 2010 | Chuck Hassebrook The Next Wave of Change in Agriculture, the Food System & Rural America
- 2009 | Dr. E. Ann Clark Organic and Sustainable: The Common Ground
- 2008 | Dr. Paul Hepperly No Till, Organic and Traditional Agriculture: They Can All Work Together
- 2007 | Lynn Miller Cultivating the Family Farm
- 2006 | Helena Norberg-Hodge Creating a Regional Food System
- 2005 | Fred Provenza The Role of New Science in Sustainable and Organic Agriculture
- 2004 | Vandana Shiva Agriculture for Life: Beyond the Suicidal Economy of Industrial Farming & Globalized Agriculture
- 2003 | Paul Stamets Mushrooms as Allies: Potentiating Planetary Host Defenses Through Fungi
- Conference Home