Washington organic farmers are growing!
Washington growers and processors are growing their businesses and they need our support-help them be a part of this growing industry! When you choose Washington Organic, you support your local and regional economy, choose fewer toxic pesticides and improve our environment for future generations.
- Sales of organic products in the United States grew to $43.3 billion in 2015, up 11 percent from 2014’s record level of $39 billion
- Organic agriculture boosts local economies!
- Washington produces 90 percent of all organic apples in the nation; and is a leading producer of organic pears, cherries, blueberries, juice grapes, sweet corn, green peas, snap beans and hops.
- Washington boasts more than 93,000 acres of certified organic land.
- 1,160 farmers, processors, and handlers are certified organic through WSDA Organic Program.
- Sales of Washington State organic products grew 19% from 2014 to 2015, to nearly $600 million!
See the Washington State University Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources for more organic statistics in Washington.
Washington State Dept. of Agriculture Blog