Established woman operated organic vegetable farm near Olympia seeks collective member for 2014 growing season
Posted on: 12/23/2013 5:58 pmDates: March 1, 2014 through November 1, 2014 (dates are flexible)
Common Ground Farm is an established woman owned and operated CSA near Olympia city limits looking for one or two women with vegetable farming experience to collectively manage our 80+ member CSA for the 2014 growing season and beyond. Must be able to do heavy work, have at least one year of experience, be cooperatively minded, and love growing vegetables. Small machinery skills a plus. We practice low tech, small scale, DIY vegetable farming, integrated with livestock and pasturing.
If you are interested in this position, please respond to the questions below by writing to:
Common Ground Collective
4004 11th Ave NW
Olympia, WA 98502
or reach us through email at:
Tell Us About Yourself
- What interests you about farming at Common Ground? About collective farming?
- What levels of responsibility and time commitments could you make, both day to day and season to season?
- What experiences have you had working collectively? What parts worked well? What parts were challenging?
- Tell us about your farming experience & any special skills you have.
- Do you have any physical challenges or constraints? How do you deal with them?
- Are you willing to work long days & split shifts when we need to?
- What are your areas of interest and exploration?
- What else would you like to tell us about yourself, or to know about us?
Number of interns needed: 1
Couples Okay: Yes.
Kids Okay: Yes.
Pets Okay: No.
Car Required: No.
Experience Required: Preferred.
Work Hours: Full Time.
Learning Opportunities: On The Job.