Farm Stand Manager – Cascadian Farm Home Farm ($DOE)--Rockport, WA
Cascadian Farm | | firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 03/27/2019 3:41 pm
Cascadian Farm is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Farm Stand Manager to join our team. The Stand Manager is responsible for developing and executing long-term strategy and efficient and profitable management of the Roadside Farm Stand. The Stand Manager will provide strategic leadership for the seasonal stand team members, and facilitate a fun, safe, and memorable experience for our more than 60,000 annual visitors. The Farm Stand is open May – October and sells farm grown produce, homemade organic ice cream, espresso, and snacks.
The story of Cascadian Farm begins over 45 years ago on a little stretch of land next to the Skagit River in the Cascade Mountains of Washington. Cascadian Farm® is one of the country’s leading brands of organic foods and has grown far beyond our original farm. Acquired by General Mills in 2000, Cascadian Farm sells cereals, bars, frozen fruits and vegetables, spreads, and juices.
The 90-acre organic Home Farm and Roadside Stand is the heart of the Cascadian Farm brand and a physical space for our customers to learn about and interact with our brand, history, organic farming, and land stewardship.
- Reports to Home Farm Site Director
- Location: Rockport, WA
- Travel: Limited
- Weekend & extended hours required during operating season
- Responsible for physical operations of Roadside Farm Stand:
- Recruit, coach, and develop seasonal Stand staff.
- Oversee vendor relationships and manage inventory.
- Facilitate a fun, safe, and memorable experience for Stand visitors and staff.
- Demonstrate a respectful, communicative, and team-oriented working environment.
- Plan and coordinate product to sell in the Farm Stand, including collaboration with the Farm Manager on produce sales.
- Ensure product freshness and effective and attractive merchandising.
- Lead and manage commercial kitchen operations and new product development.
- Responsible for maintaining food safety standards and a safe work environment.
- Ensure operations comply with local, state, federal regulations and General Mills policies.
- Develop and lead execution of long-term strategy for Stand operations in partnership with Site Director:
- Identify and manage capital and repair and maintenance projects related to the Farm Stand.
- Contribute to community engagement through Farm Stand activities.
- Support the Farm team in executing programs and creating materials related to outreach and education (including farm tours, interpretive signs, events, and other programs).
- Support overall operations as a member of the Farm leadership team and work with the team to ensure all Farm goals are met.
- Responsible profitable Farm Stand operations:
- Implement Stand business plan.
- Oversee employee payroll and Stand operational expenses in the budget in collaboration with the Site Director.
- Track sales and customer data to support Stand operations and provide feedback to Farm staff.
- Manage the Point of Sale and Inventory systems.
- Coordinate with Farm leadership and corporate marketing team to manage Farm marketing and advertising through print and online materials and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Retail management experience required (familiarity with managing staff, inventory control and management, handling and merchandising fresh produce, and point of sales systems)
- Some college preferred
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Food safety mindset
- Creative thinker and problem solver with the ability to innovate
- Must be able to comfortably lift, push, or pull 50lbs repeatedly
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Passion and enthusiasm for organic farming and stewardship of natural resources
- Energizes & develops people
- Delivers outstanding results
- Customer service mindset
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing job requirements and priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and under time constraints
This is a full-time, year-round position offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, 15 days Paid Vacation, as well as generous 401K match.
Please visit our General Mills Careers website to learn more and apply online. Search for Rockport, WA, USA. Include a cover letter and resume in your application.