Farmers Market Manager- Red Dog Farm --Chimacum, WA
Posted on: 10/08/2018 1:49 pm
Red Dog Farm is a 23-acre organic farm with 17 acres in vegetable and berry production. Located on the Olympic Peninsula just 10 miles from Port Townsend, we are nestled in the beautiful Center Valley of Chimacum, Washington. We produce crops year-round and sell to two local farmers markets, to local restaurants and wholesalers, through our CSA program, and at our own self-serve farm stand.
Red Dog Farm is a production farm with a strong focus on efficiency, crop diversity, and customer satisfaction. We spend the vast majority of our time harvesting, washing and packing. We utilize tractors for the majority of our weeding and field preparation. At our summer peak we have up to 15 crew members on the team. Check us out at reddogfarm.net and our job descriptions and applications at reddogfarm.net/staff.
Ideal applicants would have excellent customer service skills, be adept at multi-tasking, be able to train and lead co-workers in all market tasks, possess produce handling skills, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation: Starting pay is $14+/ hour based on experience. Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise.
- Seasonal: April-December
- Hours are 20-24hrs/ week (Full time is optional)*, Saturdays April-Dec and Sundays June-October *optional additional hours on weekdays
- Operate two weekly fast-paced farmers markets- managing product, staff and sales
- Lead loading, transportation, delivery, and set up of the market booths
- Manage a constantly changing, aesthetically beautiful produce display
- Provide excellent customer service
- Handle cash in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain sales record sheets and be accountable for till reckoning
- Train and manage the work of two other farmers market staff
- Communicate regularly with the farm owner and farm manager
- Make deliveries to accounts, ensuring orders are complete
Background and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with a team and managing a group effectively
- Experience with retail produce display
- Ability to do mental math, without use of a calculator
- Ability to operate high volume farmers market booths
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be comfortable driving large trucks
- Must be capable of handling physically demanding work for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations
Fill out Farmers Market Manager Application for Employment, available on our website: reddogfarm.net/staff. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.