Posted on: 04/01/2019 2:25 pm
Full Time: 40- 45 hours per week
Seasonal: May/June through Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec
Schedule: Monday- Friday, some Saturdays, includes 2-day weekends
We are looking for smart, tough and detail-oriented laborers to join our 2019 farm crew. There are several positions open, with a range of start and end dates. Ideal candidates will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
- The primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
- Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
- Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
- Assist at weekend farmers markets, up to two shifts per month
- Perform some or most of the following non-field work: greenhouse work, plant starts, delivering, tractor driving and farm stand stocking
Background and Skills
- One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Good communication skills
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Compensation: $12.00 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields. Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
To Apply: Complete the Field Crew Application for Employment on our website. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or email@example.com